Many families find volunteering at Presidio Hill School a rewarding way to become involved in their children’s learning experience, meet and form friendships with other families and give back to the school community. Presidio Hill School would not be where it is today without the dedicated parents who are so generous with their time and talents.
There are many opportunities for parents and guardians to offer their services, including the annual events and activities run by the Parents & Guardians Association (PGA). Here are just a few ways in which parents may choose to volunteer:
- Help in the classroom, primarily in the lower grades
- Provide field-trip transportation and/or chaperoning
- Chair a PGA event, such as May Festival, Walkathon or Game Night
- Host Friday Coffee, serve as a Curbside Attendant or assist with other ongoing activities
- Help out in the library
- Make costumes for the annual Follies production
- Serve as a Room Representative or on the PGA Leadership Team
The development office also looks to volunteers to support important annual fundraising activities at Presidio Hill School, including the Annual Fund and the Walkathon. Parents may also enjoy supporting the admission office by assisting with school tours, open houses and other recruitment events.
At Presidio Hill School, each parent is asked to contribute a minimum of 24 hours of volunteer time each school year—a day in the life of your child. Parents find they gain much from participating and discover that their children also benefit tremendously from their active engagement in the school. Presidio Hill is extremely grateful to its parents and guardians who volunteer at all levels.
For a complete list of PGA and other volunteer opportunities, click here.