“Learning by doing” is an essential component of our progressive approach.
Teachers at Presidio Hill School understand that offering children opportunities to learn this way—to literally build bridges in order to understand geometry, to organize a food drive to comprehend homelessness, or to perform as a famous Californian to study someone's life—instills long-term critical thinking skills and a joy of learning. Similarly, by giving to a cause and an institution we strongly believe in, we show our children what it looks and feels like to be a part of something bigger than ourselves; to invest in something important and watch it grow and thrive in ways we may not have thought possible.
Phenomenal First Phase Fundraising
Thanks to the generosity of many enthusiastic donors who strongly believe in our progressive mission, the Capital Campaign for the Campus Expansion Project has already raised more than $6.3 million in gifts and pledges, which in turn has enabled us to complete the first phase of construction and move into the remodeled building on Maple Street. Phase one included:
- A reconfiguration of the Maple Street building and the construction of classrooms to serve children in Transitional Kindergarten through second grade.
- The creation of a new and expanded community Library Resource Center in the lower level of the Maple Street building.
- Initial renovations to the outdoor space that links the Maple Street and Washington Street properties.
To Complete Phase Two, We Need You!
The roll-out of the second phase of the expansion kicks off in the summer of 2016. Several drawings and schematics depict the details of this critical phase, which will include:
- Landscaping of the yards adjoining the two buildings to provide a beautiful open-air “commons” space for our community.
- The creation of a staff room at the Maple Street property (requiring an addition to the rear of the building) where our staff can gather and exchange ideas.
- The construction of administrative offices and conference space on the third floor of the Maple Street building.
- An expanded art room for all grades in the Washington Street building.
- A redesign of the second floor of the Washington Street building, which will be transformed into a space serving Middle School students exclusively.
In order to complete the second phase we still need to raise an additional $1 million. This is where you can help. We invite you to join the ever-expanding roster of generous parents, grandparents, alumni, alumni parents, board members and staff who have invested in the future of Presidio Hill. We are grateful to all of them for showing the children in their lives that together, we can accomplish so much.
If you, or someone you know, would like to donate to the Capital Campaign, please contact our Development Office or make your donation online today. Your gift of any size will enable us to complete this exciting project and turn years of planning into a reality that will celebrate the joy of learning for generations to come.