Welcome to Walkathon 2020 - Walking Through Rainbows!
Set Up Your Family's Fundraising Page
Click the link below to go to PHS's PledgeStar page.
Need additional help? Watch this video for a walkthrough.
Pick Your Walkathon Activities
This year, students can choose from a variety of activities to complete their laps and count towards community participation. Each day, teachers will share a video from Team Walkathon with a suggestion for the day. Videos will also be posted to this website - watch this space!
- 20 jumping jacks = 1 lap
- 10 push-ups = 1 lap
- 10 sit-ups = 1 lap
- Taking a 15-minute neighborhood walk = 5 laps
- Doing 15 minutes of yoga = 5 laps
- Having a 15-minute dance party = 5 laps
- Drawing or arts & crafts for 30 minutes = 5 laps
- Practicing an instrument for 30 minutes = 5 laps
- Running/jogging 1 mile = 10 laps
- Biking 1 mile = 10 laps
- Finding a rainbow, taking a picture, and sending it to Stephanie = 20 laps!!
We recommend setting a goal, and doing a mix of activities to meet that goal. Last year, the average student walked 31 laps. Let's see how much we can do together!
Click here to play or download a special Walkathon playlist of student-requested songs, compiled by 2nd grade parent Hide Oneda. Thank you, Hide! Happy listening!
Share With Us!
Does your student have a particular activity they would love to share? Here's their chance to inspire others! Record a short video demonstration (using your phone is a-OK) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted videos may be shared with our student body and on this website.
Art by Katie Shannon, 6th Grade. Thank you Katie!